TERMS & CONDITIONS
Magic 2015 – Hunt Bigger Game Video and Photo Contest
Contest winners (“Winners”) selected from each participating country will receive Garruk’s Nerf® Axe, worth an approximate retail value of $60.00 USD. The number of Winners per participating country is outlined below.
The Magic 2015 – Hunt Bigger Game Video and Photo Contest (the "Contest") starts on July 12, 2014, at 12:01 am United States Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on August 31, 2014, at 11:59 pm ET ("Contest Period"). The sponsor of the Contest is Wizards of the Coast LLC, 1600 Lind Ave SW Suite 400, Renton, Washington 98057 (the "Sponsor"). This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Contest you ("Entrant" or "you") accept and agree to follow these Official Rules.
1) Who is Eligible: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland), Republic of Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Slovakia, Russia, South Africa, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina (“Eligible Countries”) who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry in the country in which they reside.
You also must have a Facebook account and grant permission for the Contest Facebook application ("Contest App") to access the information on your Facebook profile. Facebook accounts can be obtained by logging on to www.facebook.com and following the onscreen instructions to create an account. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliated companies, advertising agencies, promotion agencies, production agencies, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and members of their same households (related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2) How to Enter: You can enter either by going to www.huntbiggergame.com or by visiting any of the following official Magic: The Gathering Facebook pages. Both means of entry will require you to log into your Facebook account.
• Global (English) http://www.facebook.com/MagicTheGathering
• Spain (Spanish) http://www.facebook.com/Magic.Oficial.Spain
• Germany (German) http://www.facebook.com/MagicTheGathering.DE
• France (French) http://www.facebook.com/MagicFrance
• Chinese traditional (Chinese) www.facebook.com/mtgasiact
• APAC (English) www.facebook.com/mtgasiaen
• Malaysia (English) http://www.facebook.com/MagicTheGatheringMY
• Hong Kong (Chinese) http://www.facebook.com/MagicTheGatheringHongKong
If entering through an official Magic: The Gathering Facebook page, click the “Hunt Bigger Game” tile, located at the top of the page, below the cover photo. This tile will direct you to the same entry portal as those accessing through www.huntbiggergame.com. Once there, follow on-screen directions to enter. You will be asked to enter your complete name, date of birth, country of residence, and email address and to submit a video or photo of yourself depicting your victory or demise (“Contest Submission”).
Contest Submissions must incorporate the cardboard cutout of Garruk (“Garruk Cutout”) found in participating pre-release retail locations. You can find which locations will have a Garruk Cutout by using the Store Locator function at http://locator.wizards.com/.
Your Contest Submission must also conform to the following:
• Photo and video size must be no larger than permitted by Facebook.
• Photo must be in .JPG or .PNG file format.
• Video must be in .MP4 or .WMV file format.
• Only one person (Entrant) can be depicted in the Contest Submission.
• If your Contest Submission contains words, the words must take up less than 20% of the photo or video.
• Contest Submission must incorporate Garruk Cutout and must be captured while in a participating pre-release location.
• It should be clear from your Contest Submission whether you are celebrating a victory or suffering a demise.
• Entrant must own the copyrights in the Contest Submission.
• Contest Submission must not contain any nudity; sexually explicit, defamatory, obscene, threatening or harassing material; messaging promoting hatred toward groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity; material that infringes any other person’s intellectual property rights; or any depictions of dangerous or illegal activities. Keep it safe, clean and classy, people! Entrants may, and are encouraged to, edit their Contest Submission to show off their own creativity, provided Contest Submissions still conform to the requirements listed herein.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
3) Who Will Win: All decisions made by Sponsor or its nominated agents on all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. There number of Winners per Eligible Countries is outlined below:
# of AXES - COUNTRY
7 - Australia
1 - Hong Kong
0 - Indonesia
2 - Korea, Republic of
1 - Malaysia
1 - New Zealand
1 - Singapore
1 - Austria
2 - Belgium
3 - Czech Republic
1 - Denmark
13 - England
1 - Northern Ireland
1 - Scotland
1 - Wales
1 - Finland
15 - France
13 - Germany
2 - Greece
1 - Ireland
3 - Netherlands
1 - Norway
3 - Poland
3 - Portugal
2 - Russian Federation
1 - Slovakia
2 - South Africa
14 - Spain
2 - Sweden
1 - Switzerland
30 - Japan
2 - Argentina
9 - Brazil
6 - Mexico
16 - Canada
135 - United States
2 - Taiwan
Grand Prize Winner
Winners will be chosen by Sponsor from all eligible entries received based on the following criteria:
• 25% Overall quality, creativity and originality of the Contest Submission
• 25% Believability of the Contest Submission
• 25% Energy conveyed in the Contest Submission
• 25% Creative incorporation of Garruk Cutout
4) Winner Notification: The Winners will be notified on or around September 15, 2014, via the email address provided by entrant at the time of entry. If a winner does not respond within five (5) days to the notification sent to the email address he or she provided after two (2) notifications have been sent by Sponsor, such winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. In such event, the prize will be awarded to another eligible entrant chosen from the remaining pool of entries in accordance with the terms set forth herein. The winners will be announced on the official Magic: The Gathering Facebook pages on or around September 30, 2014.
5) Prize Information and Approximate Retail Value
Winners will receive one (1) limited edition Garruk’s Nerf® Axe, worth an approximate $60.00 USD, €44.00 EUR, £36.00 GBP, or ¥ 6211.00 JPY.
Each winner must provide his/her mailing address to Sponsor and must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release/publicity release (except where prohibited) and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, within five (5) business days from notification in order to receive the prize. Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize of equal or greater value than the prize identified herein. If any winner either fails to timely provide his/her mailing address or declines a prize or fails to comply with any of the Official Rules, or if any prize is returned as undeliverable, such winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be chosen from the remaining pool of entries in accordance with the terms of the Official Rules at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, country, state and local taxes, and all other expenses associated with any prize. Where applicable, the prizes shall be delivered by Sponsor or Sponsor’s designated agent to the winners within the jurisdiction of the domicile provided by each winner.
6) Disqualification: Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. Further, an entrant’s entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if Entrant:
a. enters the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules;
b. attempts to disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tampers with any component of the Contest;
c. submits multiple entries or votes in the Contest or submits entries or votes generated or caused by script, macro or other automated means;
d. submits his or her entry after the expiration of the Contest Period; or
e. submits an entry that contains material copied (either wholly or substantially) from any third party work or material.
If any of the above occurs, Sponsor has the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention, and to seek damages from Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7) Liability Release: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to forever and irrevocably release, discharge, indemnify, and hold Facebook and Sponsor and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including any travel or activity related thereto, including without limitation to the fullest extent permitted by law personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. For German residents, German statutory liability applies. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and accept as final the Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to appeal.
8) Publicity Release: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in the Contest, Entrant grants Sponsor permission to use, except where prohibited by law, winner’s name, image, likeness, and country of residence, for Sponsor’s advertising and promotional purposes in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world and on the Internet in perpetuity, without compensation or additional consents from entrant and prior notice, approval or inspection.
9) LICENSE: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT GRANTS SPONSOR AN UNLIMITED, WORLDWIDE, PERPETUAL, ROYALTY-FREE, IRREVOCABLE, NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO USE THE CONTEST SUBMISSION FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE CONTEST AND FOR PROMOTING SPONSOR’S BUSINESS WITHOUT FURTHER PERMISSION FROM OR NOTIFICATION TO ENTRANT.
Use and disclosure of personal data under this license must be consistent with the terms of Section 10 of the Official Rules.For example, this license includes the right for Sponsor to edit, crop, adapt, modify, copy, publish, display, distribute, sub-license and create derivative works based upon the Contest Submission in any way whatsoever.
Further, by entering the Contest, Entrant agrees that Sponsor may:
• Edit or alter Entrant’s Contest Submission;
• Use Entrant’s Contest Submission with other photographs, images, videos, words or graphics; and/or
• Use Entrant’s Contest Submission in the context of anything else relating to the Contest and the promotion of the Sponsor’s business.
To the extent permitted by law, Entrant will be deemed to have waived his or her moral rights in the Contest Submission. For example, Sponsor does not have to credit Entrant as the creator of Contest Submission.
10) PERSONAL DATA: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT GRANTS TO SPONSOR IN THE UNITED STATES, ACTING AS DATA CONTROLLER, PERMISSION TO COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED BY ENTRANT (NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, EMAIL ADDRESS, SEX, COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE AND IMAGE AS IT APPEARS IN ENTRANT’S CONTEST SUBMISSION) AND TO TRANSFER SUCH PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF ENTRANT’S COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE TO WIZARDS OF THE COAST LLC, HASBRO, INC., AND PROMETHIUM MARKETING IN THE UNITED STATES, WHICH MAY HAVE DIFFERENT PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION LAWS THAN ENTRANT’S COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.
Entrant may request access to and/or correction or deletion of Entrant’s personal data at any time by submitting such request to Sponsor’s Customer Service as set forth at http://company.wizards.com/contactus. Any inquiries or complaints with respect to Entrant’s personal data should also be channeled to Sponsor in this manner. Entrant further acknowledges that it will be necessary for Sponsor to store and process Entrant’s personal data for the purpose of administering the Contest, without which Entrant will not be able to participate in the Contest.
11) Information Disclosure: The information you submit in the Contest is disclosed to Promethium Marketing, 156 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105; Wizards of the Coast LLC, 1600 Lind Avenue, Suite 400, Renton, WA 98057; and Hasbro, Inc., 1027 Newport Avenue, Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02861 (collectively, "Contest Entities"). The information submitted using the Contest Application is not disclosed by Contest Entities to Facebook.
12) Governing Law: By entering the Contest, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that these Official Rules, the Contest, and all disputes related thereto are governed by the laws of the State of Washington in United States, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
13) Requesting Copies: These Official Rules can be sent free of charge to anyone who requests them. To receive a copy of these Official Rules or the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Hunt Bigger Game Winners c/o Wizards of the Coast LLC, P.O. Box 707, Renton, WA 98057-0707. All requests must be received by September 30, 2014. Residents of the State of Vermont and France may omit return postage.
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast LLC.